Monday, February 16, 2015

A Hard Week for Me

I don´t have good news about the baptism this week.  It fell through, but we are working on it for this weekend. She wants to be baptized, so I know that it will work out eventually. In our stake there were 3 baptisms though, one from Republica, one from Parque O´Higgens, and one from Diego de Almagro, but from the sister missionaries. We are doing well. I am working on finding more people to teach here. It is really hard to have people to teach and most of the time we are walking the streets talking to people. We are working hard though.

I haven´t had the Family Home Evening yet. The last time we had to change it to have the baptismal interview that she passed, but then it didn´t work out because there wasn´t anyone that could be over the baptism when she could have it done, so they changed the date. It doesn´t help that our ward is mostly on vacation..... The attendance went up from 103 last week to 120 this week, but right now the goal is 180 so we are 2/3 of the way there, but far from it..... It has been a hard week for me, but I am just working through it and trusting in the Lord a lot. I hope that everything is going well and that you enjoy time with the Family. Tell Clain Congratulations. I sent him a message, but it seems like he is only collecting the worldly possessions and not the others that he needs to find.....

I have been working with Carlos on a lot of Family History. Every Sunday evening we have a Family home evening in his house to work on it. Right now, he has people ready to go to the Temple and I am working a lot on helping people. But honestly lately all I want to do is my own Family History..... I have been reading a lot. Last week, I told you I was in Ether right? I finished The Book of Mormon on Saturday and started again yesterday and I am in 1 Nephi 18. I am in 1 Corinthians 9, I believe in the New Testament. I have been trying to pass the spare time studying, because my companion got mad at me last week and is still mad and will probably stay mad until changes. I have tried fixing the situation, but he doesn´t want to let it go..... I have tried, but right now I am just going to do what I can and I can´t do anything else about it. I know that he isn´t perfect and that even though I am trying it is his choice, even though it hurts our unity. I have to deal with it and let him be mad..... I know that I am not even close either and that is probably why he is mad, but I have been trying to pass the time lately.....

Thanks for all that you do and if you are on to write thanks for everything and keep up the hard work on everything at home. Enjoy the Family time, but keep the focus on the Lord and work to help the Family remember that as well. I know that there are a lot of distractions, but if we focus on the important things first, everything else falls in place. Thanks for all that you have taught me and keep up the hard work and remember to always smile, even when you are having a hard day. It makes a difference. Thanks for always supporting me and writing even though I haven´t always been the best about doing my part. I know that I have a lot to do. I have 20 more minutes if you manage to write. Sorry, I wrote everyone else and then got to the large letter.

Something tiny that he blew out of proportion don´t worry about it. It isn´t a big deal.... Brownies, French Fries, the French Toast with eggs cooked inside, mixed vegetables, puddings, and other things. Tacos are harder to do, because there isn´t really a lot of ground beef and if there is, it is really expensive..... I am looking for more opportunities.


The baptism of Hermana Benitez and Hermana Willmore. 


Hermana Willmore is from my CCM group. We share the ward. Before it was Simi Squad and us in the ward, but they changed it up. He was baptized this last Saturday and will be confirmed next Sunday. He has to work this last one, but he wanted to be there. His name is Carlos, so lately only Carlos´ getting baptized in our ward.

Elder Correa baptized him and he will get confirmed this next Sunday. I don´t have other meat and I don´t know. I really like Summer Sausage..... Beef Jerky is good, too, but I know that they are really expensive. Thanks for everything and I will see what happens. I don´t know why, but lately beets are amazing and I look for opportunities to eat them..... Thanks for everything. I am basically out of time.... I didn´t get to any Family History which frustrates me..... I really wish I could develop technology in my glasses so that I could think it and it would work with Wi-Fi in my glasses..... Then I could do Family History just by thinking it while walking to appointments and other things and have it go into a pause state when I have to think about other things.... It would be nice. I could do more....... I just like to be efficient, and many missionaries don´t know how, which drive me crazy and how to be clean and organized. That as well is frustrating....

I think that I am good.... I have leftovers still. I don´t have 4 people in this pention so it lasts longer and I can´t get rid of all of the sweets. I have been working on cooking these past couple of weeks. I am getting better but I have to be creative at times. Thanks and with the two of us things last and I am trying to give a lot of things away. But I am pretty good honestly. I have never really needed a lot of things and am realizing that I have been given more than most people and that I don´t need anything honestly..... I can get what I need generally. The only thing that possibly could be useful is more short sleeve shirts. Summer is horrible..... Also I might need more garments but I don´t need them yet. These are possible future things don´t stress about them now. I don´t have space for things in my bags......

No, we go out and work, but he just doesn´t want to talk anymore and he was working a lot on learning English, but now has basically given up, at least asking me, it seems..... It´s frustrating because he doesn´t remember the blessing he has had even though he has told me that I was the answer to his prayers. Now it just seems like he is ready to leave, which is frustrating, because it leaves me with everything less than what I want.... I always share. I have given half of everything to him and he almost rejects it, because he thinks it is too much and that I shouldn´t be sharing, because the American Missionaries don´t generally share, but I don´t mind at all. I am doing well and yes sweating a lot...... My shirts will be wore out in the future and I don´t use the long sleeves much so mainly the short sleeves because it is hot and there isn´t Air conditioning at all....

I am out of time. Talk to you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment