Tuesday, July 1, 2014

I Know That I'll Be Just Fine!


This is my companion and I. 
Elder Harrah and Elder Goode
This is my District.
Back Row:  Elder Bevan, Elder Christensen, Elder Goode, Elder Harrah
Front Row:  Hermana McQuinn, Hermana Kirkpatrick, Hermana Tolk
Sorry that I have to send pictures separate. I can't exceed 15 MB of data per message so I can usually send one or 2 pictures at a time.
I thought that I had told you about my companion and District already. My companion is Elder Harrah from Blackfoot, Idaho. He is a convert to the Church and has been going for 3 and a half years. My District is Elder Christensen who is our District Leader and Elder Bevan. Sisters McQuinn, Tolk, and Kirkpatrick are also in our District and then Elder Harrah and I.
I told you about my companion in one of my letters already. We get along well. We are the only two missionaries in our room currently. There are 2 bunk beds but our room is the smallest one in the house. I don't know if they are going to add another companionship to our room but they could potentially tomorrow. We will most likely email on Tuesdays during the MTC and the times will range from starting at 8 am to starting at 10 am for you. Which is anywhere from 10 to 12 for me. Don't worry too much about it. Usually my Companion falls asleep before I do and he hasn't complained about me snoring yet. He feels more like a brother to me and we don't have problems really. There are times when we both get a little irritated, but we have figured out how to work with each other well. I'm glad that I have the companion that I do and the District that I'm in. Things are really going great. 




 
The temple was really nice they have headphones for English for those who aren't ready to do it in Spanish. All of the Elders going to The Oeste (West) mission did names for me at the temple that's why there were 9 names done. There are 2 districts going to Oeste and there are 14 of us total. There are 9 elders and 5 sisters (Hermanas).
 
The CCM 
Centro de Capacitación Misional


 
 This fountain is between the Chile Santiago Temple and the CCM.

Things are going really well. My companion and I taught 9 lessons this week in Spanish and by the 2nd or 3rd day they had us teaching lessons entirely in Spanish. Now we are working on our presentation of lessons and making sure that we do certain things as we teach. It's a lot of work but I have found that I enjoy it, but I stress too much because I don't always feel ready for each lesson. I'm working on being prepared and memorizing phrases that I want to use, but it isn't always easy for me and I write down a lot of what I want to say. I need to work on being less dependent on my materials and knowing the words from memory that I want to share. I've memorized the missionary purpose and the 1st vision in Spanish so things are coming along. It's different and I've been trying to eat less but I end up eating a lot regardless. There's a lot of good food and if I don't eat enough I feel like I'm starving before the next meal.  

Thanks for all that you do and I will try to keep you updated on everything. It's really hard to talk to Chilean people though they talk faster than anyone I've ever heard. Even the Latino elders and hermanas tell us that they have a hard time understanding what Chilean people are saying and they know Spanish. The people are awesome though and try to slow down and help you if you don't understand what they're saying. I'm picking up more and more but there's a long way to go, but I know that I'll be just fine. 

Sorry that I'm out of time. I have had a great time so far and things are going well. I don't know where I need to take mail to be sent here at the CCM. I haven't written any letters yet because I'm always so busy and I don't know where I need to take them. I'm trying to figure out where things need to go for all of those things and where things are in the area. Thanks so much for everything and I love you. The time goes really fast but I get around to all of the emails that get sent to me and I usually can write a little extra here and there.
 
Elder Gilbert and Hermana Gilbert who are over Al Contara (the house where he lives) send us pictures that they take of us and those are where some of the pictures I have forwarded come from. They do a lot for us and make things easier. I'll try to take some pictures today that I can send to you next week. I can only take pictures when it is Preparation Day so I will get some today and send them next week. Thanks for all that you do. I love you.  

I'm doing all that I can to counteract everything that I can and I'm getting along with everyone and I have had a cold for the past couple weeks because of the immediate climate change but I'm perfectly fine. Allergies aren't too bad and I'm taking all of my pills and using my inhalers before we exercise in the mornings. Things are great just constantly rushed and it is like a very jam packed day of school with exams that matter a whole lot more. Even in practice I feel love for the people and want to give them what I can and make their lives better. It's hard to do everything right all of the time but I'm doing everything I can. Talk to you next week. Love you!
 
Note from Mom:
It was so good to hear from Braxton today and to get the few details about his health.  That has been one of my biggest worries with sending him on a mission.  We sent stuff with him for colds, but I don't know if he kept his first aid stuff at the CCM or sent it on to the mission with his two large suitcases.  I was up getting ready this morning for Cub Scouts, but didn't expect him to email that early so I didn't get to ask him all the questions in time to get an answer back.  I just have to trust that he will figure things out on his own.  It is tough to know he is stressing and worrying, but I know that through his struggles he will see growth.  Please pray for him!  Thanks for all the prayers we know have been said on his behalf.  We are grateful.     

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment