Monday, October 27, 2014

Happy 19th Birthday, Elder Goode!!!


Elder Vasquez is on the far left.  He is Braxton's companion.  Next to him is Elder Decker.  In the middle are Juan and his brother, Jaime.  Jaime is on the left and Juan on the right.  Jaime is the Elder's Quorum President in the Branch.  Next to Braxton is Elder Fernandez who got transferred last week.  Our handsome Elder Braxton Goode is on the far right sporting a huge smile, both dimples and wearing contacts.  He hasn't worn them much in the past few years and didn't expect that he would wear them much on his mission.  We are so happy to have a new photo of him.

Happy Birthday Elder Goode on Saturday, November 1, 2014.  
19 Years Old!!!


Can you try to prepare something for the Ward Christmas Party this week and then try to go to a different cyber café next week where you can send it to me? 

I´ll see what I can do. I might be able to send something today but we will have to see.

Do you want me to order more contacts for you?

I think that I will be okay for now. I use them on occasions but I have a few if I need them I will ask you for them when I am close to running out. Thanks for everything that you do.

Your package was just delivered to the mission.  You should get it the next time you have pouch mail.  Happy Birthday Son!

I have it already. I had to go to Maipu with Elder Vasquez and they gave it too me early because I was there. If they can give things away early they do because they don´t want to load everything up and send it all and everything. I am waiting to open it until this Saturday. Thanks!

I don´t know if I have any more requests right now. I haven´t thought of anything recently. I am doing really good and Juan is doing great. He came to church and was ordained a priest yesterday. He is preparing to serve a mission in a year. He is really awesome. We have a baptism planned for this Saturday for Isabel the mother of Juan who was baptized about 4 months ago. It was a little before I got to Lo Espejo.

I am doing all that I can and we are preparing a lot of people for baptism. We had 8 investigators, 7 of our 11 retention, and 9 less active members at church this week with 74 people there this week. We are really excited and are doing all that we can to find and help the people. We are working a lot with people, but Elizabeth and Victor the parents of the family of 5 haven´t gotten married yet, but we are working on it. The 2 older kids could get baptized in a week if they come to church. Francisco and Alfonso.

We are doing a lot to help people. We are also working with a family from Haiti that speaks French and we managed to get 3 Book of Mormons in French for them. They are progressing but we are hoping for success with them. There are at least 6 people who could get baptized in this house. We are doing a lot and I am really tired a lot because it has been really warm and tiring but really great. 

That is awesome that things are going so well for you.  I am a little confused, you said, “We have a baptism planned for this Saturday for Isabel the mother of Juan who was baptized about 4 months ago.”  Why are you having a baptism for her if she was baptized 4 months ago? 

That is really cool that Juan wants to go and serve a mission.  Who baptized him and confirmed him?  Are there any other siblings in the family.  What about his dad?

I am sorry the heat is making you tired.  Are you wearing short sleeve shirts now and no suit coat?  Are you sleeping in shorts and with just the sheet at night?

Yes I am using the least amount of clothing possible. I am doing good. Ivan was baptized 4 months ago his mom is going to get baptized. We have it planned so that he can baptize her. Juan has a brother named Jaime who is our Elder´s quorum president. I have met his mom but not his dad his parents don´t live in my sector. 

I´m working on finding people and I can´t be certain if these are right. The people are correct but I don´t know if they are deceased or not but I put deceased. Can you look into the kids of this code? 9JR9-6ND

It is for the 4 children because of the year of birth I don´t know if they are living or dead.

I can do some research on them and try to find death information.  If I have the parent’s information, I can go forward from there.  Thanks for all you are doing to help with Family History.  I really appreciate it and I know your ancestors will, too.

Okay.  If they were born less than 110 years ago and you don’t know if they are deceased, put living.  It usually won’t let you attach the source after that, but it will let you create a user.  If they were born more than 110 years ago, then go ahead and put deceased.  It is a lot easier to change them from living to dead than the other way around.  So, if you find one that you have to add as living, send me the name and number.  I will have to login to your account to look at them, because any living people you create only show up on your screen until we prove that they are dead.  Does that make sense?  I will check into the one you just sent. 

Okay.  That makes sense about Ivan and his mom.  Please make sure to stay hydrated.  That will help you prevent headaches and will keep you healthier overall.  Take every opportunity you can to drink water or juice or milk.  You haven’t told us much about the food.  Are you able to get milk for a reasonable price?  What are you buying to eat?  Not Ramen Noodles every meal, I hope.

I did it the wrong way.... I put dead and they are probably living. Do you think that you can change them for me? I am still working on resources right now but sorry....

I eat Ramen Noodles in the evenings I like soup..... I eat cereal with milk or yogurt for breakfast as well as sandwiches that are ham and cheese melted and toasted which I like. I buy other things on occasions but I really don´t like buying a ton because I have to carry it all. Things aren´t that bad on prices and things are pretty good. I broke my belt this week so I bought a new one during the week. 

It is okay.  If I find out they are still alive, I will send a request to SLC to have it changed.  Just do it the other way in the future or just add the parents and send me the number for the parents and I will look them up.  Thanks.

Sorry.... It is the 4 kids of the number sorry.

Did I tell you I am getting a new laptop tomorrow morning.  I just reimaged mine.  It looks pretty bare and sad with no photo of you on the desktop.  Any luck sending me some new photos today?

I haven´t had any but my companion sent me one of the baptism of Juan because I asked if he could and when it finally shows up I will forward it to you. I don´t know if it will before I run out of time though.

Okay.  Just try to eat healthy.  Get a variety of fruits and vegetables.  How far do you have to carry your groceries?  I guess that Walmart belt wasn’t that great of quality if it only lasted four months. 

It was because it could change sides that made it weaker but at the same time more easier to change. It´s fine I found another for 2000 pesos or 2 lucas which is about 4 dollars so not bad.

Also can you look into the one record hint for this person? It is a little crazy and I don´t want to mess it up LZRX-5NH

Sure.  I will work on those this week.  Thanks.

Can you try a different cyber one of these weeks, soon, and send us some photos and the video for the ward?  I would certainly be happy if you could.  I hope you are taking lots of photos even if you are not able to get them sent to us.  Eventually, you will have to be in a place with newer computers.

Do you know how to send me a letter home?  Do you have to send it through the pouch or can you just send it through regular mail?  If so, I could send you a new mini-SD card for your camera and you could mail the old one home to us.  We probably can’t make that happen before they will need the video.  Did I send you two mini-SD cards?  I think I did.  Check on that and if so, send us the one you have been using by mail.  Purchase a padded envelope from the post office so that the card is protected. 

I´ll see what I can do. I know where a post office is but I don´t know yet about videos and all I haven´t done anything yet. I really don´t have time to be honest. I am doing what I can and we are having a hard time with cybers they are really awful but we are trying.

Do you have anything special planned for your Birthday on Saturday?  Please have your companion take some photos of you that day and whatever you are doing, and when you open your package.  I probably should have wrapped the stuff inside.  Sorry.  I didn’t think of that.

Don´t worry about it. I will try. Thanks for everything I don´t know about numbers of photos and everything or if there will be all the ones that you want but I will do what I can. I haven´t taken a ton of photos but I have of the things that matter.

What things matter to you?  I am sure a lot more would matter to me!  I just miss seeing your happy face.  I would not have been a good missionary mom back when they went off to England for three years and you got a couple of letters a year.  Our ancestors who did that were amazing.

Please take a few minutes now and tell us more about what you have been doing and what miracles are happening in your life.  I think you are spending way more than fifteen minutes on Family History and not writing enough information home.  Please write a little more and remember to say goodbye before you quit for the day.  I love you lots.  I just want to know more about what you are doing. 

I am doing what I can. I write a general outline of what has been happening. We are working to have more baptisms and activate people. We are having a lot of lessons. We had 27 this week and are doing a lot to help serve the people. I know that I haven´t been writing a lot but I am trying to do what I can to keep everything going and I really like doing Family History work. I know that I don´t write as much as I could, but I like to think that there are ancestors that need some help and that the more I can do during my time now the more you and the family can accomplish during these two years. Love you I will work on writing more about my week and doing what I can.

We are really focusing a lot on investigators and helping them be baptized. We are trying to have a baptism a week at least from the 3rd week of the change to the end. If we can have more, great! Elder Vasquez and I have a goal to have 15 baptisms in this 6 weeks. We are going to see what we can do. I am more tired than usual because of the heat, but I love the work. Thanks for all that you do and for all of your help always. Thanks for always remembering to write and being on. I really appreciate it, but I get distracted after I write my general outline and to my mission president and everything. Then I go work on cleaning up the histories.

Thanks for everything and I will have a great week and a great birthday! Love you I´m out of time I´ll talk to you next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment