Monday, June 29, 2015

I am really happy!

They (The Soto Family) wrote me once and I responded to Alfredo the Dad for the whole family. They are great and I am hoping that they stay strong.

I am staying another change here with Elder Leyva, but Elder Brush from the other sector had changes and now Elder Cardona will be here with Elder Orozco for the next 6 weeks. I am really happy though, because a family of 3, that has their son who is 17, who is inactive and the dad that is inactive and suspended, with the mom, who is an investigator, are starting to progress. The parents got married 2 days ago and I am so happy. They still have issues, but I am hoping and praying that they will come to church this next Sunday, because we can baptize the mom and activate the family. They have their doubts in the gospel and it is keeping them from progressing.

We have heard all about the new laws in the States. The people this week have mentioned it to me several times and our Mission President talked about it today. It`s still frustrating but will bring out the best and the worst in the people and the truly converted will live correctly and others could fall into personal apostasy. Things are going to be different but not impossible. Thanks for all that you do. 

It is good to hear from you.  I am glad you are happy with the changes.  Please try to do some things to keep you warmer so you can get over the cold symptoms.  Do you have a heating blanket for your bed?  Are you wearing the thermals?  I worry that you have been sick for so long. 

You might try writing to the Soto family again and encouraging them to pay their tithing and stay active.  It couldn’t hurt.  Are you able to talk to the missionaries in that sector to see how they are progressing?

Any word on your new bicycles?  Did you get the package?

Congratulations on the work you are doing.  That is exciting that you have a family finally progressing.  That is cool that they got married.  Was that because of your teaching them about chastity?  What kind of doubts are they struggling with?

It will be interesting to see how things change with the new law.  Right now, I am seeing FB photos all colored like the rainbow.  Many people are doing it and I am sure not even realizing that they are supporting this movement by their actions without even knowing it.    You are definitely right.  Many will now leave the church or fall into inactivity.  It is really the story of the Ten Virgins.  Only half of the members of the church will be ready when Christ comes again.

Did you get to go to the Musical Presentation?  I saw some photos posted of it this morning.  Hopefully you will get to participate next time.

Photos today?  Please write more details about what you have been doing.  Tell us a miracle or two!

Also, I recently tried to send pictures and the computers only want to format my camera, but I don`t want that to happen, because it will erase everything on my camera. I will have to wait longer to send more pictures, sorry. It seems like a feeble excuse and I know it is frustrating for you and I`m sorry that I can`t do anything else about it to make it work out better. I love you and I only have another 7 minutes to write. I hope that everything is going well. 

I didn`t get to go to the presentation. We had to take an investigator and I can`t really even get mine to go to Bollenar for church so.... It didn`t happen and it is really far away. I did get the package thank you! I am using the new tools. We haven`t heard yet on the bikes.... We have heating pads for our beds that the mission gave us when we got here.

The parents are Juan and Jenny. They live around 20 kilometers from the church and they have a car. They used to come to the church, but they haven`t come yet, but I have visited them a couple of times and tried visiting them other times, but they haven`t all worked out. We are going to work hard from here with them to get them to church and progressing toward their answers.

Are you feeling any better?  If not, it might be time for a doctor or a blessing.  I can’t do much from here to help you, except to pray, which I am doing daily.  Please tell me how you are doing with the cold.

I am using the USB SD card reader and putting my micro SD card in the SD card and then in the USB and it isn`t reading it. It wants to format it anyway. I don`t know. It is frustrating and I don`t have another answer because this is the lowest version method that I have right now. Still frustrating and they have doubts about some doctrines like tithing because they don`t understand the scriptures very well. We are going to do our best to help them work toward praying more and asking The Lord for their answers to their doubts. Thanks for everything! I am out of time. I love you! Talk to you next week!

Okay.  I love you, too and will have to trust that you are in the Lord’s hands and He is taking care of you. 

Love always and forever,
Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment