Monday, February 29, 2016

Finally got Moved!

Photos of Braxton's new apartment















We finally got moved, but we are waiting for the Pentionists in our mission to bring us a new refrigerator and a stove, so that we can be a little better off. We are working with what we have right now, but it makes things a little complicated. We moved on Thursday. We haven´t been able to get anything accomplished in the situation of Sebastian.... I am slightly frustrated because this weekend we have Stake Conference, so we can´t confirm our baptisms and the week after we have a multi-stake broadcast which keeps us from confirmations as well. We can´t confirm anyone until the 20th of March now.... I really am praying that Sebastian could get baptized soon, but I don´t know if I will be here for the experience. I really don´t want to leave this sector, but I have a feeling that it will most likely happen... Well, you will know what happens next Monday in the afternoon when I write. Thanks for the updates on school and everything I am going to send a few pictures for you so that you can see the new house when we had just gotten it.

I haven´t gotten the package yet, but they didn´t bring us pouch this last week. We haven´t had pouch in a long time and we are really low on pamphlets to give to people which makes it hard to teach them as well. Things are going well. Sebastian hasn´t gone to church in a few weeks, but his Mom and Step-Dad came yesterday. Yessenia and Leonel. They are really amazing and we are still waiting to hear about the divorce and everything.

I am glad Yessenia and Leonel are coming.  I hope they are able to get the divorce figured out soon.  Curtis spent a lot of his time helping people get through all the paperwork for their divorces, so they could get married.  They had a member who was a lawyer that the missionaries worked with.  Do you ever help with the paperwork or do they have to go and wait in long lines like you do to get your Visa paperwork done.  Why did that take so long this time?  You were able to do it all in one day before.

I am sorry about the package.  A couple of moms have been complaining on the Facebook page that their packages have not arrived for their missionaries, so I suspected yours might be in the same situation.  I am sure with new elders in the office learning new duties, that it is busy.  And with the Mission President getting ready to leave and a new one coming, I am sure there are extra things to do there, also.  Have you had a Zone Conference recently?  Your Mission President or his wife posted photos of some of the Zone Conferences, but not yours. 

Change is hard, but it can also be good.  You have met so many wonderful people in this area.  I am sure there are wonderful people somewhere else for you to meet as well.  You have planted many, many seeds in this area and they will eventually sprout.  Your influence has made a difference in peoples’ lives.  They will remember you for good all of their lives.  Maybe there are more people you need to meet and help before your time is up in another area.  I am sure that you will end up where the Lord needs you most.  Think of the people as Heavenly Friends that you knew before this life and now you are becoming reacquainted with them.  Plus, I think you are ready for another new challenge.  Another district, a zone or training a new missionary!  The Lord will provide what you need most. 

That looks nice and clean and not moldy.  I hope it helps you to feel better.  Who are the pentionists?  Are they an older couple or regular missionaries?    

Is it a duplex with two homes or do you have the whole place?  Do all homes down there have bars on their windows?

It seems like every time you get moved to a better living condition, you then get moved to another area.  Oh well, I guess you are being a good scout and leaving things better than you found them.

Are you feeling any better this week?  I hope so.  Is it starting to get colder and wetter yet or is it still too hot for you?

It´s hot.... I don´t know if I will stay... It could happen but who knows. We will have our Zone Conference on the 3rd of March. We are looking into everything that is happening and seeing what will happen. I don´t have a clue honestly about everything that is coming here. I just know that there is a lot of work to do and we will see what the Lord has in mind. Thanks for all the support and we will see the blessings that are coming for the people. I just want to be able to help Sebastian to be baptized in the time that we have but it is unlikely....

Could Sebastian request that you come back and baptize him, if you were to be transferred?  I know you have enjoyed working with him.  I wish he had been ready earlier.  Has he worked things out with his Dad now?

Thanks for the photos.  Do you have any of you and your companion?  I want to see your happy smiling face!

I know you are about out of time.  I hope you have a wonderful week.  We think of you often and pray for you often.  We are so very proud of the work you are doing.  Don’t measure your success by the number of baptisms, but by the hearts you have helped turn to Christ and the wonderful friendships you have made.  I love you so very much.  I am anxious for you to come home, but I know there are still things for you to do there, so work hard and be obedient and diligent to the end. 

Love always and forever,
Mom




No comments:

Post a Comment